Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 1 of HK Food Trip & Birthday Present

I’m on another food trip!!! Yay!
This trip is one of the best birthday presents I’ve gotten and have been so excited for it the last few months.  This present is a trip to Hong Kong!! It’s a package filled of coupons with airfare, hotel, and good food!!! It feels like I won the lottery or some sort of contest.
Coupon #1: Flight to Hong Kong.  Vacation and food here we come!!!

Coupon #2, we used for dinner last night.  We ate at a private dining place called Liberty Private Works.  I really enjoyed this dinner.  The place is small and feels intimate.
There is only one seating per night and one menu per night. I ordered the vegetarian meal and was a little worried I might get disappointed, but the food was done well and the flavors on the plates were fun and easy to enjoy.  I like watching the guys at work as they work so quietly and efficiently; watching them plate and cook and smelling what they cook.  It adds excitement and anticipation for the dish coming.  Another thing nice about this place is that you can bring your own bottle of wine.

Seaweed Crackers:

 Red Pepper with Pineapple Soup
 Chef at work.

Scallop with edamame
 Red beet salad.

 Pumpkin risotto with spiced walnuts.
 Poached salmon with potato salad and haricot verts.


 My favorite dish was the mushrooms with spinach and gnocchi in brown butter.  A little oily……but the flavors completely shine.
 Passion fruit sorbet with cream cheese ice cream.
 Mascarpone sabayon with chocolates and cookie crumbs. :)




After dinner, we went one floor down to Riquiqui for 3 courses of desserts.  We were quite stuffed from the dinner upstairs, yet the desserts here were delicious and made so well that I finished everything on my plates!  The girls were so pleasant to chat with which made the experience even better.

The place is quite dark, so the pictures aren't as clear.
Menu board for second course.
 Firs course, malt mousse with chocolate balls.
 Warm amurala cake, better than sticky toffee pudding!
 Rasberry Napolean.
Chocolate Cake

 Petit fours to end the meal.


Day 1 is over and I hope one day I’ll come back to these places on another trip to Hong Kong. On to day 2….. :)

1 comment:

  1. nice pictures! everything looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete